Monday 13 July 2009

Happy Birthday, Pedro!


Pedro turned 34 this weekend and to celebrate, we all packed ourselves into the car for a road trip to possibly the last Roman ruin we hadn't seen in Britain. We went to Verulamium in the London 'burb of St. Albans. It was spectacular.

Then we got back into the car and had dinner at Pedro's favorite sushi restaurant in Cambridge. The restaurant was thankfully packed with loud people, so no one could hear Isabella's tired shouts for freedom.


All in all, we had a really nice time and wrapped up the night with my homemade chocolate birthday cake.

In other news, Isabella is officially potty training. This is not at my behest, but at her own free will. At 16 months she tells me in advance when she has to go potty, then she sits on her potty patiently...and goes. I had heard cloth diapers might encourage things along, but I didn't expect it so soon. She has been able to do this hit and miss (EC style) since infancy, but nothing I've put much effort into. But unlike Kate from the now defunct Jon & Kate plus 8, I won't be posting photos of that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEDRO! Isabella looks most adorable, very pretty hair and her hair color is extraordinary! Wow, congrats on potty training her this early!

Love,
Lucia, Jerry, Ricardo, Emmanuel and Victoria